Bendwell string length vs. scale length

Last updated on 8 years ago
R
Retrobass
Posted 8 years ago
I recently purchased a used Status S3 5 string with a bendwell. Since the strings are old and want to change them for new ones: The scale length is 32", but the Bendwell is making the string length longer, right? so should I order 34" strings??
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Is the bass headless? if it is then it will take the standard double ball strings.

Pictures please. :)
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 8 years ago

Bassbus wrote:
Is the bass headless? if it is then it will take the standard double ball strings.

Can you get a bendwell on a headed bass?, seems a bit odd, given the reason for having one is that a headless doesn't have the area between the nut and the tuners to bend the string.

On a headless, its only the scale length which is 32" if it has a bendwell (non bendwell 34"); the neck is the same overall length between the bridge and the string retainer. So standard double ball ended will do the trick (Hotwires, Newtone, Elites, Rotosound).

If it was a headed with a bendwell (a bit odd IMO), then I suppose Long scale strings would be the answer.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago

Garbo28 wrote:

Bassbus wrote:

Can you get a bendwell on a headed bass?.

Yes. Rob developed a slightly longer headstock as an option on KB mk II.
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 8 years ago

Bassbus wrote:

Garbo28 wrote:

Bassbus wrote:

Can you get a bendwell on a headed bass?.

Yes. Rob developed a slightly longer headstock as an option on KB mk II.

Once again I feel educated. Cheers Bassbus :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator