Hello

Last updated on 8 years ago
C
cd_david
Posted 8 years ago
Hi
Just found the forum. I'm on a couple of the usual uk ones.
I've not got a full Status but have a couple of basses equipped with their stunning necks.

A Precision with an unlined J neck;

i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/New%20Bass%20Sales/8899EEBF-3662-461B-AF56-30C8143918BB_zpscm5hzrri.jpg

And my 'it's getting buried with me' bass, an 88 Ray with Status neck;

i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/05918EF2-62F6-4E8A-BF39-6E15EED25185_zpsbvejzquv.jpg

Cheers
David
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Welcome on board David. You'll only find proper basses here :D I think your necks make those proper basses. ()
S
StealthDJ
Posted 8 years ago
Nice.

Out of curiosity, what difference did you find the Status neck made to the StingRay? I had almost exactly the same one with a Status pickup and Seymour Duncan electronics. Could never get a sound I was happy with (compared to the Buzzard 2 that I own) and toyed with the idea of the neck upgrade but in the end sold the musicman and put the money towards an S3...
C
cd_david
Posted 8 years ago
I've got a collection of 6 Ray's and had about another 3 through my hands including a 77. Out of all of them this beats them by a mile. Amazing clarity, huge sustain and a bottom end that is big enough to fill a room but is tight and defined. Also the EQ seems to respond more evenly too. It's an amazing difference and the fretless has the same qualities.
S
StealthDJ
Posted 8 years ago
Cool, good to know (I might be in the market for another one, as it turns out).

What pickup / electronics are you using?
C
cd_david
Posted 8 years ago
It's the original 88 pickup and an East MM 2 band. They were designed on the original 76 circuit but with iirc +3dB more on both bands?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator