Status bass in need of repair - recommendations

Last updated on 8 years ago
Posted 8 years ago
Hello all

A sad day it was when I discovered my beloved Status bass had succumbed to some sort of midlife technical crisis. Being the responsible parent I have decided it needs repairing.

Can anyone here recommend a repair shop that doesn't charge the earth based in London? I suspect the pickups or the jack socket may be at fault, although this is just speculation as I really have no idea. The issue quite simply is that I connect it to my amp and do not get any sound out. I've tried changing the batteries, tested on different amp, used different cables etc. but still nowt.

Many thanks!
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 8 years ago

devilindisguise wrote:
Hello all

A sad day it was when I discovered my beloved Status bass had succumbed to some sort of midlife technical crisis. Being the responsible parent I have decided it needs repairing.

Can anyone here recommend a repair shop that doesn't charge the earth based in London? I suspect the pickups or the jack socket may be at fault, although this is just speculation as I really have no idea. The issue quite simply is that I connect it to my amp and do not get any sound out. I've tried changing the batteries, tested on different amp, used different cables etc. but still nowt.

Many thanks!

You can't be too far from Status can you? I think I would take it to Rob to sort out or courier it. Wouldn't trust anyone else to poke around in the back of my Status TBH
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 8 years ago
The Gallery Bass Merchant seems like a tip top shop in London.
Posted 8 years ago
Thank you both. Some good recommendations there. First thing Monday I'll get the ball rolling and perhaps update here for future generations.
H
Hogga
Posted 8 years ago
I'm with Blunderthumbs, I would not let anyone else poke around in the back of my Status Basses. My LED's went on the blink (literally) on my S3 and I emailed Rob at Status. Got the soldering iron out, followed his instructions and fixed them myself - as good as new. Definitely worth dropping him a line first, good luck.
Status S3 Headless (Movingui facing)
Status S2 Headed Thru neck (Walnut)
Status S1
Jaydee Supernatural Roadie IIA
Washburn/Status S1000
Warmoth Jazz (DIY)
Ibanez SR700
Ibanez AEB10E (Acoustic bass)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator