4-string headless KingBass wanted

Last updated on 7 years ago
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
As I said in the "introduction" section I'd like to join you as a Status owner :)

I don't have a 100% accurate idea of the model I'm looking for.

Status Graphite, 4-string headless. Leds on the neck would be a plus. That's a
start. And I can't really afford to buy it new.

Trouble is... I live in France, where they seem to be pretty rare.

Any help would be very welcome !
Edited by Kalwynn on 25-01-2017 03:06, 7 years ago
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
Hello again, I need help from you guys.

Do you have any idea how often a 4-string Status appears for sale here or on ebay etc. ?
My question may sound strange, but I need to figure out how rare status headless basses are.

Thanks.

[Edit 16:04 Was on a day-off today and went through the entire catalogue... seems like my favorite is the KingBass model. So if you have one matching my criteria... I may be interested in purchasing it.]
Edited by Kalwynn on 25-01-2017 03:06, 7 years ago
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 7 years ago
There was one on here recently?

Rob will build you a new one to your spec .... Might be quicker than waiting?

B
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
Tried to send PM's to the few "recent" sellers but received only one answer (the bass was gone already).

Yes I did think about a new one. I probably can afford the bass itself, but with all the additional cost (shipping, insurance, taxes) it would be too expensive for me at that point.
TheGreekTheGreek
Posted 7 years ago
You will see them for sale on ebay quite regularly - really depends on which model you're after though.

Don't forget to check the Basschat.co.uk forum's "For sale" thread regularly - I think that there are 2x Streamlines for sale currently.
Success is no accident, it is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. (Pele)
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
Thanks for your answer and advice.
I now have a more accurate idea of the model I'm looking for (KingBass 4 strings headless... and if possible with LEDs and no bendwell).

I go check that basschat forum :)
Edited by Kalwynn on 26-01-2017 21:09, 7 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 7 years ago
A suggestion: a Kingbass with no bendwell, meaning 34" scale require you to extend your left hand a little more to reach the first position due to the short top horn. Could be a problem for some or not at all for others but it's something to consider.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
Yes it's something I'm taking into account. My arms aren't too short :) but I'm more used to 20-fret basses; that's true.
The trouble with a bendwell is that I'm pretty sure I won't "use" it, and I'm not very fond of it aesthetically speaking.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 7 years ago
Kalwynn, if your only in France, buy one in the UK, get on eurostar or get a cheap flight and pick it up yourself! Make a weekend of it!!

There shouldn't be any import taxes...pre BREXIT!!
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
It sure is a good idea Danny. Have to think about it. Haven't been in the UK for a while.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator