Fretless Status

Last updated on 7 years ago
T
TNBassMan
Posted 7 years ago
Can anyone who owns a fretless Status bass comment on their fretless sound? How does it compare to more traditional wood body/neck basses? I currently have a Stealth headless 6-string fretted bass with Hotwire round wound strings and am considering ordering a fretless version. I once had a Gary Willis 5-string fretless; it had an amazing fretless sound. I am wondering if a Stealth fretless would be similar or at least have a good muaah sound (or whatever you want to call it).
Maruszczyk 5-String Frog Headless, Fretted Bass, Clement Anne Fretless 6-string, Clement Jon 6-string Headless Fretted Bass, LMIII amp, MarkBass 1x15 and 2x10 Speaker Cabinets, various pedals (always changing)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 7 years ago
I can do better than describe it.

[movie=youtube]8UnhKyVahF4[/movie]
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 7 years ago
Bassbus is laying down a nice fretless Status sound. Mmmm

I have a small set of Fretless Statii, and love them all.
The red one gets played 75% of the time, out of all my basses.
Strings are important, as I go with D'addario Chromes or Labella Deep Fats. No round wound strings necessary, in my book.

Fat Rich has a fretless Stealth 5-er, that is super sweet to play, and could potentially be my future build from Colchester.

Have successfully played jazz, fusion and pop music with all 3 of mine.

i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/Me4Bass/Statii/F-Less%20Statii_zpsq3lpyiw9.jpg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator