Need a V8 so I can feel my Status!

Last updated on 18 years ago
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
Hi Status friends!

I currently have a Trace V4 200w all valve head (pic soon) and I want to add to my collection with it's big brother the V8 400w head.

Does anyone out there have one that they are willing to part with for a mutually agreeable wedge of folding? I will even collect too (if you are in the UK)

thanks in advance

Whitey42!
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hi Whitey42, you might want to post on the Bassworld market place http://www.bassworld.co.uk
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
Thanks G77, I have done that, fingers crossed!
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
Any more V8s out there for sale then? I have not got enough for the ex-Sting one on Bassworld (expensive Wife to keep!) but am interested in any non-famous ones!:o
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

Whitey42 wrote: (expensive Wife to keep!)

i got one of those...
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
Yes, I need to persuade her to play bass then she'd understand (and probably be better than me!):o

Question for you, the neck on my empathy is not polished, is it possible to do it yourself?
chuckamok63chuckamok63
Posted 18 years ago

Whitey42 wrote:
the neck on my empathy is not polished, is it possible to do it yourself?

My Empathy neck is quite glossy, but if your's isn't I suppose you could buff it out. Are you referring to the fretboard?
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
Yes I am. I notice that some Status fretboards are polished to a high gloss finish, mine isn't! Is this an extra only done at Status or is it possible to do yourself?
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Pretty sure this is down to personal maintenance. I am pretty sure the phelonic will clean up well but like all fingerboards they can become grubby during play. Maybe try lemon oil and some elbow grease on it or WD40 as Rob Green suggested.

One good reason to avoid maple boards.
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
Cheers will give it a try. I also have one of those electric car buffers so will tentatively let it loose and see what happens, will let you know!:)
chuckamok63chuckamok63
Posted 18 years ago
[quote]Whitey42 wrote:
I also have one of those electric car buffers so will tentatively let it loose and see what happens[quote]

Sounds lika recipe for disaster...:o
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
Hope not! The WD certainly cleans it but not to the high gloss I have seen on some necks. Seem to remember Rob @ Status offering the service way back, will have to see if that is still available.B)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator