Pickup balance and tone issues

Last updated on 7 years ago
JeroenJeroen
Posted 7 years ago
I've done a quick search of the forum, but with no success, so here goes:

I've recently acquired a beautiful lefty S2 Classic bolt-on in white with the Buzzard-style Roman numeral fingerboard inlays, and while I like it a LOT, there's one thing that's annoying me a fair bit. With the balance pot in the center position, there's a big volume drop and I'm losing a LOT of top end. When I turn the knob towards the neck pickup, the output is almost doubled and the tone is much more articulate and defined, with a bright "zing". I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with this issue. This is the first Status I've ever laid my hands on, so I have no other experience playing these instruments, and therefore I have no comparison. Looking forward to your replies!

i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Basses/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7450_zpslngr9ypa.jpg i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Basses/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7434_zps23psucpt.jpg

(pics from the previous owner)
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 7 years ago
Doesn't sound right!!

Sounds like someone may have wired the pickups out of phase? If you are not adept with a soldering iron get a tech to look at it .

Brendan
JeroenJeroen
Posted 7 years ago
I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't the sound be thinner and brighter if the pickups were out of phase?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator