Shipping in a Status case

Last updated on 6 years ago
L
LucienLaTulipe
Posted 6 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm already the proud owner of a Series 2 which was posted to me from a finnish boardsman ten years ago (Hi Lassi); it was in the full-flight, tank built aluminium case with moulded foam... Wich implies zero movement inside, hence zero problem with the shipping.

Now I'm just about to get a S1 classic and trying hard to think which would be the best way for the seller to send me the beast. The S1 comes with its moulded bass case, not the panzer thing but the simple one. I don't know about this kind of case, is it strong enough to prevent any damage? What would be your tips to protect the bass during its travel? (Paris to East France, yes it's little distance, but you never know, and c'mon, it's a Status bass!!!)

Thanks in advance,

Lucien

P.S. Has been quite a long time I've not been here and browsing randomly the forums makes me happy with all those sexy basses - I promise I'll post pictures as soon as the S1 will arrive and rejoin its old sister!
Edited by LucienLaTulipe on 28-03-2018 09:14, 6 years ago
JeroenJeroen
Posted 6 years ago
It's a Hiscox, you'd be amazed what it can withstand. I've had both my S2 Classics shipped to me in one. One from Israel in three layers of bubblewrap and one from the UK in a cardboard box, and both arrived completely unscathed by airfreight.
Lefty

S2 Classic 5-string headless, black sparkle
S2 Classic 4-string headless, pure white, Roman numeral inlays
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
Yes, Hiscox cases are very good. I've travelled all over the world (well, I once went to Margate) and never had a problem. As long as the bass can't fall out, it will be absolutely fine!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
L
LucienLaTulipe
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks guys, sounds good :D

Jeroen you mentioned the bubblewrap, was it around the case or the bass to prevent its movement inside? Is this mummy thing needed with a Hiscox?
JeroenJeroen
Posted 6 years ago
It was around the case, the bass was fine and unable to move.
Lefty

L
LucienLaTulipe
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks!
JeroenJeroen
Posted 6 years ago
Here's an old Hiscox ad, for further reassurance ;)

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61dUmxSxfEL._SL1000_.jpg
Lefty

L
LucienLaTulipe
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks for the advices, the bass arrived in impeccable conditions. Don't know if they tried the 500kg crush thing though. Pictures in the dedicated thread for those interested.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
I had a bass arrive recently from Germany. No case. Tons of bubble wrap and a box.

Arrived in perfect shape!

Phew!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator