Change the neck

Last updated on 18 years ago
RaoulVadorRaoulVador
Posted 18 years ago
It is possible on a 5 strings energy model to change the maple neck by a graphite neck anf if yes, how much does it cost ?

Thanks
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I think that is one that needs a call to Status. The replacement necs for other basses are around £300. The exact price is on their website (link top left) so I assume it will be around that.

I am pretty sure Andre put a graphite neck on his Energy so he may also be able to help.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Indeed you should ask Rob or Dawn but if i remember well it is in area of 300£ or so as stated by status above.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Tempted to put a Status neck on my Jazz bass. I reckon it would look well cool, especially if I could have the roman numerals as fret markers and side LEDs
chuckamok63chuckamok63
Posted 18 years ago

status wrote:
Tempted to put a Status neck on my Jazz bass. I reckon it would look well cool, especially if I could have the roman numerals as fret markers and side LEDs

The neck itself probably wouldn't be a bad investment but the LEDs would involve body modification for wire channels and battery box-Financially you're probably better off getting the whole Jazz Bass from Status, at least you can pick the options.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Yeah, you are probably right. Might be better just to buy another Status. What a hardship that would be! ;)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator