Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Aston Martin guitars

Posted by racefilm on 21-10-2007 22:43

This is actually quite a nice link to something that my band were talking about last night at rehearsal. We produce and install paint protection kits for many types of vehicle, including the full Aston Martin range. This is a 3M Scotchgard clear film product that we use to prevent stonechips on the paintwork, and we have used it on cars from Formula One down. The bass player in the band uses Status guitars, and the guitarist has a fabulous collection of Les Paul's, Strats and so on. We were discussing the condition of his guitars, and the problems with 'buckle rash'. I told him to try a piece of our film on the back of the guitar. I fitted this for him, he was amazed at the 'invisibility' of the film, and we basically decided that he would have this film on the backs of all his guitars. We are able to custom design a these patterns for any guitar, or we can supply standard pieces for you to fit yourself, but the thinking behind this, is if it will stop the paintwork of exotic cars from damage, it will surely stop the damage that occurs from general use of a guitar. This also will ultimately protect the re sale value when it comes time for a change. Comments, please.