Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Wall mounting a Status...

Posted by sgh42 on 08-12-2009 08:08

dreambass wrote: Just my 2 cents (pence) here...... I've used the Lexan version of the wall-mount for years now (as "Beany" owns) and even sold a few extra I had to prominent Status forum members. According to Ned Steinberger, who developed these as dealer displays of his much heavier XL and XM series, there were never any known failures of this wall-mount system. Don't underestimate the validity of polycarbonates. Are there better ideas? Probably so, carbon graphite would be nice and I too would buy them. This one is as close to invisible for display of a beautiful instrument as humanly possible and has never failed....... KWS
Hmm I like the clear design one but am wondering about the stability. So where are the wall mounts mentioned above available ? Thanks Steve

Posted by moo on 08-12-2009 14:01

SGH42 wrote:

dreambass wrote: Just my 2 cents (pence) here...... I've used the Lexan version of the wall-mount for years now (as "Beany" owns) and even sold a few extra I had to prominent Status forum members. According to Ned Steinberger, who developed these as dealer displays of his much heavier XL and XM series, there were never any known failures of this wall-mount system. Don't underestimate the validity of polycarbonates. Are there better ideas? Probably so, carbon graphite would be nice and I too would buy them. This one is as close to invisible for display of a beautiful instrument as humanly possible and has never failed....... KWS
Hmm I like the clear design one but am wondering about the stability. So where are the wall mounts mentioned above available ? Thanks Steve
This is a bit of a process and Todd is coming up with the best solution soon... Watch this space!!!

Posted by sgh42 on 08-12-2009 18:39

moo wrote:

SGH42 wrote:

This is a bit of a process and Todd is coming up with the best solution soon... Watch this space!!!
Or even the Lexan version in "Beany's" profile pic. Thanks Steve

Posted by JonasOfBorg on 10-02-2010 04:05

See also this post: http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/vie...post_33616

Posted by Roffa on 23-06-2010 01:51

Check out Woodies Guitar Hanger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy2TKZ...y2TKZ0Amxs Should do the jobb?!

Posted by fran on 23-06-2010 02:20

very smart and effective ! www.kissforum.de/phpbb3/images/smilies/fick.gif

Posted by dreambass on 23-06-2010 02:36

Great idea unless you have inlaid strap locks.

Posted by Danny on 23-06-2010 06:17

If you guys want to keep short changing yourself on graphite by purchasing headless basses (daft ideaWink) then you will keep having to look for daft hangers!