Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Kingbss 16.5mm string spacing

Posted by rogertvr on 14-07-2008 20:41

I took delivery of my new KingBass Artist a couple of weeks ago, as you may or may not be aware. I took the plunge and went for 16.5mm string spacing and the Bendwell, which of course shortens the scale from 34" to 32". All of my other basses are 19mm spacing with 34" scale. I'm still struggling a little with the spacing and the scale, but due to the pressures of business, I've not had much time to play so I'm still adjusting. I have to say I feel that, given a little more time, I'll be equally comfortable playing fingerstyle on any of my basses. I have already found though that the reduced string spacing and shortened scale of my new KingBass is a definite advantage when playing slap (and my slap bass playing is crap at the moment and always has been - but it's already improved it whereas before I couldn't seem to make any headway). I suppose the question is - would I spend the money again to have both options fitted? Yes, definitely!