Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: UK trip 09.....

Posted by Angry-Canuck on 12-03-2009 04:56

Just back from London, I can't say I am speechless. So much I would like to tell but, lack of sleep and too much fun may have distorted my perception of reality! Saturday before the gig at O2, several of us were at the residence of the famous couch enjoying a nice relaxing time and playing some wonderful Status basses. I was glad I brought the Retroglide with me so everyone could have a go at it, but I am not sure I want to hear "Lessons in Love" for a really long time! i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0461.jpg i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0473.jpg i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0480.jpg It was very great of Moo to host for us and the get together was not a meet, but more a family reunion. Can't think of a better bunch of people I could have been with on such a great day seeing Level 42 play for the first time. Too many laughs, my face still hurts! Here is an indepth discussion between Andre and Moo regarding proper ways to hitch a ride.... i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0472.jpg Darren having a go on the Starchild.....please....no more "Lessons in Love" !!!!! i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/darren_matt1.jpg Nice shot of Darren and his lovely (and very patient) wife... i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/hayley_darren1.jpg Monday morning Moo and I took a quick run up the the factory to see how my order is prgressing. I felt so bad, despite Dawn saying it was ok to drop by for a few minutes, they are just so busy there, hard to believe they can get anything done (poor Dawn). Monday afternoon I rented a little Fiat 500 and took a drive up to see Sir Darren and Hayley, had a great dinner at the local pub, beautiful small town they live in, very picturesque. Thank you so so much for your kind accoms..... Big D' playing MK11 proto #2 whilst KB proto #2 sits beside him. i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/DarrensBass151.jpg The next couple of days were spent hanging out with Sir Moo, talking basses, music, cars, women.....having fine beers, cigars....just brilliant!!!!! Moo, you are such a fine gentleman, can't thank you enough. Poor Moo, all his Status fleet was so busy being had by us, he was forced to play his "Lembic" (wink, Hayley, lol) i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_1003.jpg It was really a high point in my life, the trip went without a hitch. I am so humbled and honoured to have friends take care of me as Moo, Darren, Rob and Dawn, Andre etc. The Statii forum is a unique place with unique people, I am one happy and greatful man right now, *bows*

Edited by Angry-Canuck on 12-03-2009 05:30