Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Buying a new bass

Posted by Angry-Canuck on 20-02-2011 15:42

We are going to update the "Buying a new bass FAQ" section of the forum. There are a couple of obvious changes, but perhaps a few other tweaks are likely in order so please feel free to give your input (except Ronny). There are quite a few new members / owners since this section was created, so it would also be nice to hear what these members would have liked to see (knowing what they know now) within reason. A fresh point of view is always constructive. Few things I noticed... 1. only one neck profile is now available. 2. bendwell is also available on the MK11 Kingbass headed model. 3. the "top nut" for headless models is now only available in black. 4. LED's are now also available as "wraparounds". Comments?

Edited by Angry-Canuck on 20-02-2011 15:57

Posted by enzo on 20-02-2011 16:05

Maybe single coil / humbucker switch option?

Posted by ReneRyeLarsen on 20-02-2011 16:45

TSA wrote: 3. the "top nut" for headless models is now only available in black. Comments?
Has Rob run out of "top nuts" again? The Kingbass I received in December has a gold "top nut"

Posted by Fat Rich on 20-02-2011 22:03

Have had a look through: I feel that section 3. Headless or Headed? is a bit biased toward headless... my headed S1s and S2s balance really well and have no tuning issues whatsoever. Also worth mentioning the headed basses have a slightly longer scale length which adds a bit more punch to a low B string, plus there are some brands of string that aren't available as double ball end. Section 8. Finishes mentions Artist and Standard models which probably no longer applies. Section 11. String Spacing worth mentioning the 5 and 6 strings have 18mm spacing as standard Cheers!

Posted by Retroron on 20-02-2011 23:04

TSA wrote: We are going to update the "Buying a new bass FAQ" section of the forum. There are a couple of obvious changes, but perhaps a few other tweaks are likely in order so please feel free to give your input (except Ronny). There are quite a few new members / owners since this section was created, so it would also be nice to hear what these members would have liked to see (knowing what they know now) within reason. A fresh point of view is always constructive. Few things I noticed... 1. only one neck profile is now available. 2. bendwell is also available on the MK11 Kingbass headed model. 3. the "top nut" for headless models is now only available in black. 4. LED's are now also available as "wraparounds". Comments?
" We are going to update?? " Since when did you become a moderator on here? " YAWN!! "

Posted by Angry-Canuck on 21-02-2011 01:46

@Enzo, I guess it is worth a mention @ Renerylarson, interesting to know, will have to ask Rob about that. @Rich, its not implying that headless basses are better, just that having a headless bass is clearly better, Grin. You make a very good point there! Not sure about the "finishes" part you mention, Moo? @ Ronny, seems that your tired, get some rest buddy. Wink

Posted by bassbus on 21-02-2011 05:18

Some advice as to where I could find some money to order a new bass would be helpful. Grin

Posted by bjasso on 21-02-2011 06:16

For bass addicts like me "scross the pond," you might consider a paragraph on the additional cost of -- and dance with -- the US Customs service, Canadian Agency of Nitpicking, or whatever. Do you want to add something about single versus double-ball strings for headless basses, or assume they'll read that info on the Status site?

Posted by Retroron on 21-02-2011 06:19

It's possible to have different pick-up configurations etc when ordering a new bass, so I think that should also apply to finishes etc. I.E. if you want to order a KB artist with binding similar to that on a BB, surely that should be possible. Grin

Posted by me4bass on 21-02-2011 07:25

I absolutely love my 90's T-bass 5er. More buzz about the graphite necked versions would be great to see as well.

Posted by moo on 21-02-2011 08:47

Retroron wrote: It's possible to have different pick-up configurations etc when ordering a new bass, so I think that should also apply to finishes etc. I.E. if you want to order a KB artist with binding similar to that on a BB, surely that should be possible. Grin
I think you'll find you can have anything your little heart desires as long as you're willing to pay for Rob's extra time to please you!!! My second moo wood bass had a few 'new' things that Rob was trying for the first time because I fancied them. Rob charged me and I was a happy little bunny! i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/PA050001-1.jpg

Posted by fran on 21-02-2011 11:13

gorgeous, probably one of the four most beautyful moo-wood kingbasses ever buildWink

Posted by moo on 21-02-2011 12:57

fran wrote: gorgeous, probably one of the four most beautyful moo-wood kingbasses ever buildWink
hahahaha Maybe I should kill people to get the other 2 back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

Posted by fran on 22-02-2011 02:58

moo wrote:

fran wrote: gorgeous, probably one of the four most beautyful moo-wood kingbasses ever buildWink
hahahaha Maybe I should kill people to get the other 2 back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
Smile no need to kill anybody, they have been hanging around your house several times, the 4 sisters-moo. just take care of the girls and the cigars and we come by again soon Grin

Posted by moo on 22-02-2011 06:18

Looking forward to it Mr Fran. I now have only 2 weeks to find another cute Italian waitress for you to harass!! Grin

Posted by Angry-Canuck on 22-02-2011 10:05

****Just heard back from Sir Rob, apparently the top nuts are now available again in gold and silver as well as black. **** @ Graham, maybe if we have some unity to topple the banks, more basses would be in order? @ bjasso, customs experiences seem to vary quite a lot from one person to another, Moo actually nailed it with his comment. It is worth a mention about the double ball strings me thinks. @ Fran, I am sure Moo already has a 40 page list of women you can schmooze by the time your in London!

Posted by andre on 22-02-2011 19:59

moo wrote: Looking forward to it Mr Fran. I now have only 2 weeks to find another cute Italian waitress for you to harass!! Grin
Oh noooooo ... what happened to the previous one ??????

Posted by fran on 23-02-2011 01:10

Shock i am totally innocent....

Posted by travelingbassman on 23-02-2011 06:03

Andre wrote. Oh noooooo ... what happened to the previous one ?????? Oh she quit 2 mins after we left with industrial stressGrin

Posted by moo on 23-02-2011 09:02

fran wrote: Shock i am totally innocent....
That's not what the Judge decided!!! Grin