Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Status Energy

Posted by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 04-10-2011 04:20

Fat Rich wrote:

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote: Very disappionted with Status. I emailed Rob and Dawn and asked If I could purchase a Status transfer for the headstock on my Energy. He said that they don't send them out. I even sent them a pic of the bass so they don't think I am trying to pass a non Status bass off as one of theirs. I Only want to advertise the fact it's a Status as there is no logo on the bass other than the Status name on the pick ups which is now almost worn off.Angry
I think they'll put a logo on for you at the factory but I'm not really surprised they don't send transfers out because they'd be too easy to copy. Also it would be the new style logo whereas your Energy would have had one of the older style ones, it might cause dating confusion with a new logo if you decided to sell it in the future.
Somebody on here told me they paid £60 to have Rob put a logo on their bass. This on top of about £20 each way to post the bass to Status (If it gets there in one piece, or at all) Is in my oppinion a bit bloody steep. As for confusion dating the bass, there is a serial number stamped on the bridge that would verify the date it was made. My Bass is definitely a Status Energy made by Status which I would like to advertise to all who may see me playing it by having a logo on the headstock that advertises the Status name. Look at the top of this page what do you see in the left hand corner ??? I will now have to print this page off and copy the logo on to some clear sticker paper which I can then apply to my bass. A lot of messing about but cheaper than £100. I would have gladly paid Rob for a transfer rather than having to do this.