Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: String height off the body (not neck)

Posted by moo on 11-10-2011 05:49

iTodd wrote: Judging by the response, this is something Rob should look into. Maybe an optional arch for the body to bring it closer to the strings or something similar. I suspect that with the modern design of neck, joining to the body etc puts the fretboard up that much higher. But another factor would be incorporating the present day monorail bridges to accommodate the height difference as well...... Probably a lot more engineering and development required than it seems initially. Making the whole body thicker would create balance and weight issues. If you think about it, unless you just slap on a slab of something (which would probably look like shit), its a complete redesign.
Actually I have a very simple solution! But that's why I'm a genius and you need someone to help you tie your shoe laces in the morning! "No Todd... Our shoes don't go on our winkle do they!!!" Frown Mind you... good effort for getting a pair of size 11 shoes on the old man!! Way to go fella!!

Edited by moo on 18-04-2024 14:08