Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: American Noob here

Posted by PatrickRU92 on 11-03-2013 16:30

Hello to all! I am not yet a privileged Status owner but I am seriously considering joining the club. I'm currently salivating over the Wolstenholme model and have recently come into some previously undiscovered $$ which has me seriously thinking about purchasing it! A bit about me, I'm an 43 year-old amateur from Los Angeles who has been playing bass for 30 years now. My gear is pretty sweet. I own a Rickenbacker 4003 and an American Fender Jazz Bass, both of which are gorgeous instruments to look at, play and listen to. i play through a GK Backline 350 head connected to a GK Backline 410 cabinet. Sounds great even though the acoustics in my home aren't exactly kick-ass! As mentioned I am considering the new Status purchase but I have some concerns which prompted me to join this site to get some feedback from current/previous Status customers. Living in the USA makes it somewhat of a quandary. I know from all the reviews (which i have been reading for days online now) that it seems as though everyone who owns a Status is in love with it. However, if I'm going to plunk down a serious load of cash for this instrument, it is hard for me to make that commitment without at least laying my hands on one of these beauties, and I don't have plans to visit to the UK any time soon. Has anyone purchased one of these site unseen and just made a leap of faith? I can't imagine I won't like it, but what if I do? just try to sell right away? I would imagine Status doesn't offer refunds here, right? Anyway I'm looking forward to anyone's feedback here!! Thanks and if all works out well hopefully i'll be posting a picture of my new instrument at some point in the semi-near future