Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: New guy from Iceland

Posted by hansi on 19-09-2013 08:45

Hey there, Just got a red Series 4000 no 245. Haven't yet been able to find out the year of it but joined here in the hope of getting a bit more info on that. As a collector and pro musician I want to know all I can about my instruments and how to maintain them. There is a bit of noise from the volume pot but I figure I just have to open that up and clean it up. I intend to go through the electricals on it to get it in perfect shape before I start gigging with it but really digging the tonal difference and range I get with it and it will be a great addition to my 20th anniversary stingray which is my main bass these days. Also thinking about redoing the paintwork on the status when I get the time, right now it's in the original blood red which is getting a bit matte. All in all love my new investment both tone wise and looks so it'll be with me for many years to come. Also hoping to get a new one sometime in the not so distant future, probably an s2 or the Wolstenholme signature but that will have to wait a little bit. regards, Hans