Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: What a mess ...

Posted by dasto on 22-04-2015 04:19

Hi I recently bought a Status Series 2000 on ebay. The description mentioned: "Status Bass, fiber. Have any hit and miss a screw. To restore. Very good sound." Only after when I bought it, I realised the described item condition: Item condition: For parts or not working. So I was wondering what I will get. I contacted the seller and he send me another bunch of bad photos of which it was impossible to derive the condition of the bass. Aditionally he send me a short vdo-clip playing the bass. He told me that the neck is no more straight and for this I contacted Rob Green for an cost estimate to fix the neck and the different chips on the body. The estimated costs are for the body and the neck only around 750.-- GBP. He made me aware of the fact, that the extra screws and other small pieces would come on top of this estimate. When I finally got the bass at home, I was shocked about the condition of it. I don't know how one can treat an instrument like that to get it in such a bad shape. Besides of that, it has no more the original electronics but an aguilar obp 2 and GMT pickups. The SN is 157 and it got a led on the body, so it's probably not the first serie of the S2000. I couldn't find any model with the GMT pickups, If somebody gets more information about those it would be welcome if you let me know. Does anyone have any experience in fixing the reisin chips on the bass? I don't think it is worth to be send to Rob to refurbish (I paid 300 Euros and with the estimation of Rob I it will be above 1000.-- Euros all together) thats why I would like trie to attack the reparation as far it's feasable on my own. Thanks for commenting Greetings Daniel http://s185.photobucket.com/user/dastostoll/library/Status%20Series%202000 P.S. the pictures were taken after I cleaned it for more than an hour with WD40!!