Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Level 42 Royal Albert Hall

Posted by gobasserk on 23-10-2006 09:54

I would like to know if a top like this bass has is an extra cost when ordering a king bass? i am planning to buy one. Please let me know. Thanks, Ingo

Posted by Steve on 23-10-2006 09:58

What exactly do you mean? I dont know the circumstances with Mr Moo, as he provided the facing wood; but when I ordered mine (the same face wood) it was standard list price plus a wee bit extra because of the extra work that will have to go into the wood, because it was in a pretty raw state.

Posted by moo on 23-10-2006 11:32

gobasserk wrote: I would like to know if a top like this bass has is an extra cost when ordering a king bass? i am planning to buy one. Please let me know. Thanks, Ingo
It does cost a little more for the moo wood. Rob has to quite a bit of 'filling' and stuff to make it work! I think it's probably well worth the extra pennies... please do bear in mind that someone like Alembic charge quite a few hundred $'s extra for some standard woods and Rob never does that! I think Cocobola is an example... Alembic bung on an extra $600 for that wood due to the extra work! Angry

Posted by gobasserk on 24-10-2006 09:31

@themoo: you are wright, it is worth an extra :-) I think I want a facing like yours, its one of the nicest basses I've ever seen! I will have to sell my ltd. edition LeFay Midas 5 bass first.. I am lucky because Level 42 will play next to my door in november here in Bonn and I can work there (stage stuff) so I will hopefully be able to shake hands with the King :-) Thank you very much for your answer! Cheers, Ingo (Bonn, Germany) p.s. also selling a red Status Matrix 1 (P/J)

Posted by moo on 24-10-2006 09:53

I just heard from Rob that my back plate is sitting at the factory with Mark's signature on it!!! Pictures when i get it Grin

Posted by rogertvr on 24-10-2006 10:22

please do bear in mind that someone like Alembic charge quite a few hundred $'s extra for some standard woods and Rob never does that! I think Cocobola is an example... Alembic bung on an extra $600 for that wood due to the extra work!
Don't get me started on Alembics and additional costs for things you want. I have to say that if I'd known what I know now (having ordered and taken delivery of three delightful Status instruments) at the point of designing and ordering the Alembic Dragon's Wing that I own - I'd never have bothered. But we all have degrees in hindsight. Just don't get me started on Alembics ok? Shock

Posted by G-77 on 24-10-2006 10:25

Cool, Cool How much more MooWood™ is left?

Posted by Steve on 24-10-2006 10:35

From what I gather, very little! Mr Moo's Kingbass, my S2 and one other bass have already been claimed. Might have to import some Buckeye Burl for my next one.

Edited by Steve on 24-10-2006 10:36