Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Distortion, signal too hot ?

Posted by nuno1959 on 20-07-2015 15:46

Hi BB & Sonic Thanks for chipping in, much appreciated ! Very cool the info on the bass's year & model, i was really curious.. This afternoon i decided to check out if there would be a wire or something out of place, maybe a cold solder joint, a contact allowing extra battery drain… something While playing a little i noticed that wiggling both the blend & the vol pot would ''switch on & off'' the bridge pickup.. So i pulled the board out, checked it visually for cracks or so & started by refinishing the pot's solder points &… BINGO !! Plugged it in & no more distortion w/ a bit more level ! I lowered the pickups slightly, that also helped ''clarify'' the tone I definitely hope this was it, now my combo sounds clear cut yet meaty, nicely defined as i like it cause really as you say Sonic, i also never had a problem with this Eden, i love it.. even w/ the Spector w/ it's hot gnarly signal Am checking those links immediately thanks - i had done a couple of searches here but with not much results..