Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Older Bridge System

Posted by Drew on 20-04-2016 12:28

Hey everyone, Is Rob offering the older bridge system for the S2 Classics? I've seen new S2s with them on so I'm a little confused. I e-mailed Rob but he hasn't responded yet. Thanks, Drew

Posted by Garbo28 on 20-04-2016 23:37

I think the only bass he fits the old tuner system on is the 'Charger'. So they are still made, though perhaps in very small quantities. Rob or Dawn will get back, however they are a family business, so will probably be catching up after half term holidays etc

Posted by big_rook on 21-04-2016 07:24

I enquired a few weeks ago about ordering a Charger with the original style bridge unit. Rob got back to me to say that he didn't know what they were doing with the original model but that he'd let me know. The one that they made for the London Bass show had the newer individual string bridge assembly......

Posted by Slapmonsta on 24-04-2016 22:00

I also inquired about this recently after seeing a Chris Wolstenholme model with an older style unit at the bass show..I've always preferred the look of them as opposed to the mono rail units..apparently the main issue with these older style units as they aren't made by Status themselves. The impression I got was that it may only be an option for "higher end" instruments.