Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: 4-string headless KingBass wanted

Posted by Kalwynn on 23-01-2017 04:33

As I said in the "introduction" section I'd like to join you as a Status owner Smile I don't have a 100% accurate idea of the model I'm looking for. Status Graphite, 4-string headless. Leds on the neck would be a plus. That's a start. And I can't really afford to buy it new. Trouble is... I live in France, where they seem to be pretty rare. Any help would be very welcome !

Edited by Kalwynn on 25-01-2017 03:06

Posted by Kalwynn on 24-01-2017 20:44

Hello again, I need help from you guys. Do you have any idea how often a 4-string Status appears for sale here or on ebay etc. ? My question may sound strange, but I need to figure out how rare status headless basses are. Thanks. [Edit 16:04 Was on a day-off today and went through the entire catalogue... seems like my favorite is the KingBass model. So if you have one matching my criteria... I may be interested in purchasing it.]

Edited by Kalwynn on 25-01-2017 03:06

Posted by Sonic Groove on 25-01-2017 03:40

There was one on here recently? Rob will build you a new one to your spec .... Might be quicker than waiting? B

Posted by Kalwynn on 25-01-2017 04:41

Tried to send PM's to the few "recent" sellers but received only one answer (the bass was gone already). Yes I did think about a new one. I probably can afford the bass itself, but with all the additional cost (shipping, insurance, taxes) it would be too expensive for me at that point.

Posted by TheGreek on 26-01-2017 09:18

You will see them for sale on ebay quite regularly - really depends on which model you're after though. Don't forget to check the Basschat.co.uk forum's "For sale" thread regularly - I think that there are 2x Streamlines for sale currently.

Posted by Kalwynn on 26-01-2017 20:47

Thanks for your answer and advice. I now have a more accurate idea of the model I'm looking for (KingBass 4 strings headless... and if possible with LEDs and no bendwell). I go check that basschat forum Smile

Edited by Kalwynn on 26-01-2017 21:09

Posted by enzo on 27-01-2017 03:19

A suggestion: a Kingbass with no bendwell, meaning 34" scale require you to extend your left hand a little more to reach the first position due to the short top horn. Could be a problem for some or not at all for others but it's something to consider.

Posted by Kalwynn on 27-01-2017 03:52

Yes it's something I'm taking into account. My arms aren't too short Smile but I'm more used to 20-fret basses; that's true. The trouble with a bendwell is that I'm pretty sure I won't "use" it, and I'm not very fond of it aesthetically speaking.

Posted by Danny on 31-01-2017 02:11

Kalwynn, if your only in France, buy one in the UK, get on eurostar or get a cheap flight and pick it up yourself! Make a weekend of it!! There shouldn't be any import taxes...pre BREXIT!!

Posted by Kalwynn on 31-01-2017 04:45

It sure is a good idea Danny. Have to think about it. Haven't been in the UK for a while.