Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Pickup balance and tone issues

Posted by Jeroen on 19-06-2017 03:15

I've done a quick search of the forum, but with no success, so here goes: I've recently acquired a beautiful lefty S2 Classic bolt-on in white with the Buzzard-style Roman numeral fingerboard inlays, and while I like it a LOT, there's one thing that's annoying me a fair bit. With the balance pot in the center position, there's a big volume drop and I'm losing a LOT of top end. When I turn the knob towards the neck pickup, the output is almost doubled and the tone is much more articulate and defined, with a bright "zing". I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with this issue. This is the first Status I've ever laid my hands on, so I have no other experience playing these instruments, and therefore I have no comparison. Looking forward to your replies! i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Basses/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7450_zpslngr9ypa.jpg i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Basses/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7434_zps23psucpt.jpg (pics from the previous owner)