Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Want to order a new bass - asking for advice...

Posted by Frank Klein on 15-02-2019 04:46

Hi all, I'm just in the process to configure a new status 4 string king bass I'm planning to order soon. Here are a few questions: a.) 19mm string spacing (as standard) seems to me a bit wide. Well, I know it's dependent on the size of the hand. However, I have measured my Basses I have at home - the string spacing is rather 15mm.... (I bought those basses 'from shelf' - so no possibility to customize, so I would rather consider this as standard). I think I will choose 16,5mm. Any experience / comments on this? Are there any players out there playing with 4 string 19mm? b.) I would like to have a headless with 32" scale 'BendWell' option. I would be interested if I will get double ball stings easily (in any shop) for that size of the neck (for a reasonable price). I prefer changing the strings frequently, - so this is an important cost factor to me…. c.) LED at the front would be nice. Is there a good reason to have LEDs on the side (would save some cost)? d.) Anything else you would advice? Would there anybody - eventually even from Germany - I could contact to have a chat? Thanks a lot & kind regards Frank