Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Flat Batteries - Active Circuit

Posted by Garbo28 on 14-07-2019 18:43

Wombat wrote: Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did search the forums but couldn't find an answer! "What actually happens when the active circuit batteries go flat?" Do you get no sound at all? Or is it just a weak signal from the pups? How much 'notice' do you get that they are going to fail? I'd hate to be scrabbling around for two 9vs mid gig! Thanks for the help.
I cannot say I have ever had batteries go flat on my KB. The battery life stated on a good make of battery is a really high number of hours, so unless you have left them with the jack plugged in for ages then I don't think you are going to have a mid gig problem. I have found with my DR strings, I can get about 10 gigs out of them, so I change my batteries when I change my strings, that way no potential flat batteries. I could probably go a lot longer between changing them, but for me I know how old my batteries are and approximately how many hours they have been active for. You can get a pack of 10 Duracell Industrials from Amazon for around £7 to £10 (the same make Status fit in their new basses), so not a lot to shell out. If they did go, I would imagine it would be similar to an old fuzz pedal, you would start to get signal break up slowly getting weaker and then eventually nothing. Have to admit I have never tried plugging in the bass with no batteries fitted. Might give it a go now its been mentioned Smile