Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Flat Batteries - Active Circuit

Posted by Wombat on 30-08-2019 07:02

Wombat wrote: Ok, so when you take a battery out there is no sound. Note to self, make sure you always have spares! I was hoping that battery strength was causing a loss of power to the bass boost/cut but sadly not. The treble will boost to the point of distortion but the bass and mid filter make very little change wherever you turn them. I have a 2016 s3 if that helps. Am I doing something wrong or are they like that? I’ve only had the bass for a few weeks and vaguely recall all the knobs making vast changes to the sound but you know what it’s like, you find a sound you like and just leave it like that so I haven’t really played with the sounds since until I started worrying about battery life.
Ok, having had this looked at in Colchester it seems that the strings were dead. Although the bass I bought hadn’t been played so the strings weren’t tarnished they still had a massive (negative) affect on the tone controls. Just in case anyone else is as stoopid as me...