Watertight

Last updated on 14 years ago
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Just in case there are a few folks here that don't know, Phil Gould's new album "Watertight" is set to ship Monday Sept 28th. You can pre-order copies at http://www.philgould.com/ (and I think they'll be signed too).
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Mine is on order, Mr Gould is a great guy who appreciates his fan base.
Teraforming is a great album as well, I still listen to it almost daily.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Terraforming just keeps growing on me too. I only liked a couple of the tunes right off the bat, but the more I've listened the more I appreciate the music...those usually become the best albums.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

youngjr1 wrote:
the more I've listened the more I appreciate the music...those usually become the best albums.

SPOT ON !!!

P.S. perfect music for night time happiness.....
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Terraforming is superb.... Right up my Straße!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
J
Jd
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
I'll probly get into trouble for saying this but.........

Although Terraforming is a good album, Watertight is sooooo much better. IMHO. :D

J.
Status S2 Paramatrix.
Status S3.
Status S2.
GB Spitfire.
Fender Geddy Lee signature.
Amplification by TC Electronic.
Pants by M&S.
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago

jd wrote:
I'll probly get into trouble for saying this but.........

Although Terraforming is a good album, Watertight is sooooo much better. IMHO. :D

J.

Can't get in trouble if the rest of us have no basis for comparison :) Did you get an early preview?
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Got an email from the PG team saying that the CD is ready to be shipped, great news! I am sure it is an amazing album.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

stenobass wrote:
Got an email from the PG team saying that the CD is ready to be shipped, great news! I am sure it is an amazing album.

Got the email as well Stefano, hopefully we'll get the bonus track soon enough!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I got an E-mail from my mother saying I was a bad boy and I needed to go clean my room!!!

Does that count??
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Afraid not moo, as your mother said, go tidy your room, and don't forget the dirty smalls under the bed!!:D:D
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Has anyone got a copy yet?
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Got my signed copy today and I must say it is a great album! Get one, it comes highly recomended!:)
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Funny, I got an email from moo but I can't really reveal anything here yet !
franfran
Posted 15 years ago
not on i-tunes ??? why?
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Commission on sales is high !
franfran
Posted 15 years ago
to make 70% on a lot is still better than making 100% on nothing !
well, his bizz, not mine.. ;)
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Well, that all depends on the sales percentages. Its not like itunes actually gives someone like him extra exposure or anything. He may have determined through sales of his last album that its more profitable for him to sell it himself. Who else but longtime fans are going to actually purchase it? Is he getting any airplay? (does anyone actually listen to the radio anymore anyway ;)?)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
It can take time for things to appear on iTunes so I'm sure it will. The more popular iTunes gets, the more crowded it becomes and the less efficient the whole process is!

Has anyone actually received their copy yet??
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Yep received this morning - Will give it a listen tonight. Read a very good review on the L42 Digest earlier:

Phil Gould "Watertight"
-------------------------
1 Colour Of My Pain - I like the 16th-note key pattern. Nice synth bass and vocal layering of Mike right before the chorus. Cool

effect to Berenice’s background vocals. Milk bottles add an appropriate touch to song lyrics. Mike & Berenice vocalize well

together. Like the soft ending.

2 Innocent Abroad - Nice opening drum fill, I like the 5/4-time groove. Intricate guitar part during chorus. Awesome percussive

(semi) instrumental bridge.

3 Perfect Love - Like the electric / acoustic guitar combo (nice to hear Boon playing again). Fender Rhodes keys add a Billy Joel

“Just The Way You Are” vibe.

4 Cool Man Yeah - Big drum fill right off the gate! Playful ¾ vibe. Like the funky bass. I feel like dancing when the 3rd verse

hits. 3 words: Snare drum ensemble!

5 Dark Actress - Haunting, moving. Would sound good in a movie soundtrack.

6 Dancing Ledge - Good use of auxiliary percussion throughout, acoustic guitars and multi-layered vocals add a nice touch.

7 Gotta Let You Go -Mellow overall vibe. Picks up a bit at the bridge with Mike’s added vocals. Keys really come to life in the

last 3rd of the song.

8 All In A Day’s Work – Would love to see a video of this song featuring every instrument – piano, congas, string ensemble,

triangle – and the singers.

9 Save What You Can – Had me bouncing throughout. Nice strong ending.

10 Stopped Clocks – Grabs right away with the 7/8 percussive groove. The vocals and acoustic add a soft counterpoint to the strong

drums (good combo). Bridge ads an almost Middle-Eastern flair, followed by a good keyboard feature. Intense percussion builds up

the end, with a nice bit of vocal layering finishing off the song.

11 Add A Little Peace Of Mind – An eerie, cavernous ambiance starts the track off, and then - Phil sings! Very personal, breathy

vocals. It’s like you’re invited by Phil to get into his head and see his thoughts, like this song came to him in a dream.
Edited by andre on 08-10-2009 03:22, 15 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator