Hi! New Streamline person here

Last updated on 15 years ago
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago
Always polite to introduce oneself I feel...

I'm Steve, and I have just ordered a new Streamline IV as a 50th birthday present to myself:D

I have been dabbling in the world of bass for about 35 years and I am still cr*p....I also run another bass forum, stangely called 'finnbass'.

I was lucky enough to have a try of G-77's Streamline at a 'finnbass fumble' a year or so ago and have held a candle for it ever since.

Can't wait for it to arrive now....

Steve
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Finn, apparently, a great choice! The streamline owners club is gathering pace!
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Danny!

Thanks for the welcome:D

I fell in love with the streamline the first time I saw it. I've always been a headless fan and my Steinberger and Ibanez Axstar always get a good thrashing as they are so convenient to use. The Streamline just seems to take this concept to another dimension.

I am aquiver with anticipation...;)

Steve
http://www.finnbass.com
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Congrrats Steve and welcome aboard.

Nice choice with the Sreamline, as Danny says, the Streamline really is gathering momentum. I was initially going to purchase a Streamline as my first Status but went for broke on a Kingbass (which made me a Status nut!), and have recently ordered an MK11. But I think it's inevitable that the Streamline will make its way into my hands at some point down the road. Still waiting for Andre to let me have a go on his Streamglide! :@
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Todd!

Thanks for the welcome:D

I am ashamed to admit that, at the tender age of 50, this will be my first status...

I've owned a lot of basses and many customs, but I am still fascinated by this little thing and can't wait to give it a road test. Having said that, I have been fortunate enough to at least try one before, so I just know I am going to love it.

Steve
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Steve glad you like my Streamline so much you getting your self one, lets hope this is the first of many Statii in your collection!
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago

G-77 wrote:
Hi Steve glad you like my Streamline so much you getting your self one, lets hope this is the first of many Statii in your collection!

Yes! It's all your fault...;)
Edited by Finnbass on 19-05-2009 01:48, 15 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Finnbass wrote:

G-77 wrote:

Yes! It's all your fault...;)

its a pleasure :D
treebark55treebark55
Posted 15 years ago
Welcome, Steve.

There is no doubt that Streamline owners are the cream of the crop, the most discerning, discriminating, sophisticated of all Statii.

My only suggestion would be -- "take two, they're small!"

Mark
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

treebark55 wrote:
Welcome, Steve.

There is no doubt that Streamline owners are the cream of the crop, the most discerning, discriminating, sophisticated of all Statii.

My only suggestion would be -- "take two, they're small!"

Mark

Personally i find things work better in 3s :D
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago
There's no hope for me is there?

:|
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
URGENT CORRECTION.:@........post #100 and pre"#500 S11 are the creme de la creme.thats just a fact of life brother.maybe i will see it different if i ever get round to useing another bass for over 4000 gigs with no problems what so ever.in the meantime enjoy your bass,that should also be a fact of life.cheers:D ,,,,,,i could also add ive only ever needed 1 S11 period,:D
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Edited by travelingbassman on 19-05-2009 06:02, 15 years ago
treebark55treebark55
Posted 15 years ago
Please note I was referring to the relative merits of Status owners, not Status basses. ;)
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
MMMMM??? I can't see how you arrive at the assumption where by owning a streamline you're the cream of the crop of Statii owners??

That's Yank mentality for you!! :D
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago

Retroron wrote:
MMMMM??? I can't see how you arrive at the assumption where by owning a streamline you're the cream of the crop of Statii owners??

Don't worry..I'll soon lower the tone;)
treebark55treebark55
Posted 15 years ago

That's Yank mentality for you!!

Guilty as charged, Your Lordship! :P
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Steve, welcome to the Streamline club, LOL!

Yes, they are fantastic. I bought one of the early ones used at the start of this year and was so impressed with it that I recently picked up a later model with white front and side LED's. It's rapidly taking over from my lovely walnut S2-Classic as my number one bass!
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago
Hi OTPJ!

Thanks for the welcome:)

I think I fell in love with the Streamline first time I clapped eyes on it on the web. I got to have a go on G-77's at a subsequent fumble and, I guess, it was only a matter of time after that...

As I was looking out for one I have actually followed your sales and purchases, but don't worry, it was the bass I was stalking;)

I decided on Friday, my 50th birthday, that I deserved a present...:D

Luckily, Rob had one that was nearly ready and unclaimed so I don't think I'll have to wait long..fingers crossed.

Steve
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Finnbass wrote:
I got to have a go on G-77's at a subsequent fumble and, I guess, it was only a matter of time after that...

that what my Girlfriend said!! ;)
FinnbassFinnbass
Posted 15 years ago
It's a bit spooky you said that...

I had to edit my post as originally it said, "I got to have a go on G-77"

Wasn't yours specially weighted or something? Bass that is;)
Edited by Finnbass on 20-05-2009 07:52, 15 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator