I
itzs
Posted 15 years ago
Thanks! Yupps. its a S type recurve.

Body: Mahagony
Neck: 7 piece wenge-maple-purpleheart-maple
Fretboard: acrylicized mac ebony
top: redwood with sycamore accent
Pickups: FB humbucking (alnico) at neck, SB single coil (ceramic) at bridge, piezos
Nordy VJ5
Fender Marcus Miller IV
Status Series 3000
Gheisen Fretless
Yamaha BB V
Edited by itzs on 12-10-2009 00:08, 15 years ago
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Beautiful wood selection, great job! I really love that single cut body style. Won't be long now, congrats!
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Very very nice, mate! That's a Recurve S-Type, isn't it?
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Very nice, congrats!

Can you list the spec's?

Thanks & ciao!
I
itzs
Posted 15 years ago
The wait is worth it... =)

Just got these in my email from Alan::D

farm4.static.flickr.com/3602/4000106445_7fb4a0052e.jpg
farm3.static.flickr.com/2570/4000106539_0dffd84490_o.jpg
farm4.static.flickr.com/3442/4000106631_660825b406.jpg
farm4.static.flickr.com/3438/4000106465_16a64fb7a8.jpg
Nordy VJ5
Fender Marcus Miller IV
Status Series 3000
Gheisen Fretless
Yamaha BB V
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Man, you've got patience, I couldn't wait a year! Is that pretty close to the normal wait time for an ACG?
I
itzs
Posted 15 years ago
Yeah... its been more than a year now. Part of it was delay on my side in chosing the woods, cos there is simply so many nice tops to choose from!
Nordy VJ5
Fender Marcus Miller IV
Status Series 3000
Gheisen Fretless
Yamaha BB V
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Had ACG been in the States, I would have seriously considered a custom order from them. I really like their designs and the reviews have been excellent from everyone that bought one. When I compared the cost to the builder I decided to go with here, it just didn't compute though. Many happy hours with your new toy Rich and good luck with your order itz...the wait is shear torture isn't it?;)
I
itzs
Posted 15 years ago
Nice!!! I've got an ACG on order too.... supposed to be shipped out end of this week.. can't wait!
Nordy VJ5
Fender Marcus Miller IV
Status Series 3000
Gheisen Fretless
Yamaha BB V
T
Trev
Posted 15 years ago
Not my cup o' char!

Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Excellent, Mike :) Glad it went to a great home. At least after investing nearly £4000, I finally realised that the original KingBass isn't for me... Now how about a headed Mk-II...?
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Thanks for the info Rich, it makes me feel better about my order. It was a lot of cash to drop for something I've never played. Though I have complete confidence in the build quality, having seen Lecompte's other work, there's still a bit of apprehension mixed with the anticipation.
Still loving the Kingbass you sold me, by the way!

Cheers!
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
I'm not sure, really. All I can tell you is that this bass has amazing sustain :) Rather like my only other set neck instrument - My one and only g****r, a Les Paul '56 Goldtop Epiphone. And we know what the sustain is like on those!
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Sorry to be a pest Rich, but how does the sustain compare with a through-neck? Is there a huge difference? Bolt-ons seem to have a rounder, richer tone generally (in my opinion anyway), but lack some of the puch and sustain of a through neck. I'm figuring a set-neck is going to be somewhat of a compromise between the two, thus one of the reasons I ordered one. Does that sound like valid reasoning or just a bunch of hooey?
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Mike, the neck is actually asymmetrical as well so very ergonomic to play. I think the set neck works really well with the single cut design. I've seen a few bolt on s/c's & they just look messy to me.

I just played the ACG back to back with Miss.Myrtle & the ACG feels much thinner and very different to the S2 fiver. Completely different style of sound, but still very hifi. That's why it's such a good bass to have alongside a collection of Status basses. You don't feel shortchanged by the sound, as you do with so many other wooden basses after you've owned a Status.
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
No can do sound samples, Toddster - I'm Mac-less these days and have no means of recording stuff. Perhaps we'll share a skype call soon and I'll show you through the preamp. It's very impressive :)
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Subjective question, but: how do you feel the set neck compares to a through-neck or bolt-on Rich? I ask because I just ordered a bass with a set neck from Lecompte bass (a custom builder here in Texas). Funny enough, its also a single cut...great minds think like mine :).
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
You finally got it, congradulations Rich!
Very nice choice of woods Sir.

Sound samples please?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Nice 5'er Rich ! Congrats !
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator