I'm going to make a ...

Last updated on 18 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Postman Pat Series 2000!!!

I have always wanted one and they are as rare as Rocking Horse s**t!!

:D

I have just bought a Series 2000 body and have a few ideas about what i need to do but i would appreciate any comments from everyone here.

I am working on the assumption that the body will have to back to Rob to get 'de lacquered' and then sprayed red. He might also have some of the old hardware which would be nice otherwise I know that John (FunkyBassMan) has said he can machine most of it.

thoughts anyone!!!

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I never knew there was a postman pat special edition, did it have a picture of him on it like the Princess king bass? ;)

I have seen the old style hardware on ebay occasionally, or if you can find a cheap washburn status as a donor bass.
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Postman Pat Series 2000

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/Front.jpg

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/Back.jpg

Mark King had one and i think there were maybe a couple more made.

I almost bought one back then but was sent somewhere to do something sneaky and when i came back it was sold!!!

:@

So now i want one!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Cant say a FPPR series 2000 is something I would ever want :P

No offence, but its hideous!
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I regret I must side with Steve on this one. :o

That is not, in my opinion,the colour to have it sprayed. By all means have a colour rather than natural but is that really the best colour to choose?

How about Cobalt Blue or Candy Apple Red from the Status metallic colours? Or even Black Beauty style with some binding round the edge. B)

Just my twopenneth and I do realise that it is a matter of personal taste. I am sure it will play great whatever you choose! :D
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
ha ha

"You're both dead"!!!

Just kidding... :D

It's more a piece of history for the collection. MK played his one on a video i had for years and i just wanted one... I don't question what i want i just wants it!!

:)
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Edited by andre on 16-06-2006 04:52, 18 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Exactly!!

There are a couple of basses that i really want including the Series II from the cover of the first catalogue with the Rio Rosewood face. The Postman Pat is just another one of the basses i want. I doubt if i'll ever get the chance to buy one so i may as well make one.

I have enough beautiful Status basses with exotic woods to keep me happy for a while!

;)

Roll on the new King Bass

:o
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I can see where you are coming from and had forgotten how many other Statiis you already have! I am sure it will look good when it is finished. Now you just need a black and white cat. ;)
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Who, or what, is Postman Pat? :o
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Lol - a British kids tv show.

A postman called Pat, with a black and white cat called Jesse :P

*sings*
Postman Pat, Postman Pat,
Postman Pat and his black and white cat,
Early in the morning, Just as day is dawning,
He picks up all the post bags in his van.

All the birds are singing, and the day is just beginning.
Pat feels he's a really happy man.

Everybody knows his bright red van,
All his friends will smile as he waves to greet them,
Maybe... You can never be sure,
There'll be knock... Ring
Letters through your door.

All the birds are singing, and the day is just beginning.
Pat feels he's a really happy man.

Quite a good bass line if I recall.

www.wicksteed.co.uk/news/images/postman-pat.gif
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
(And FPPR was used by Status for a while, F**king Postman Pat Red)
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Ok...... ummmm thanks for putting me in the know. :D

So Mr. Moo wants his bass painted with Postman Pat's mug on the front, Jesse on the back and all with the mail truck red background? :o

SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
:D Immense
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
mee 'f**king' ow

No postmen... no trucks and no friggin' cats!!

JUST RED!!!!

have i made my point?

;)
shakey_slimshakey_slim
Posted 18 years ago

themoo wrote:
No postmen... no trucks and no friggin' cats!!

JUST RED!!!!

have i made my point?

;)

What was that middle part again?
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Yes sir Mr. Moo....:o

Will you have a matching lunchbox made up as well? :D
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

RobJ wrote:
Yes sir Mr. Moo....:o

Will you have a matching lunchbox made up as well? :D

One more funny comment from you Rob and i'll be coming over to America to 'have a word'!!!

P.S. Do you know someone who could do the lunchbox thinggy??? :D
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
hahahahaha..... :D

I wish I did brother.. I wish I did.;)

Oh and do come over for a visit sometime, we could have many words (as well as beers and time spent playing our Statiis). :)
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Anyway after a bit of research it turns out that Pat was a bit of a slapper way back in the day, & did indeed play a Post box Red Status 2000
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/Pat-on-bass.jpg
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator