Ended: 01/09/2006 with 57 votes<br>
What amps do you use?:
-- 42% of Statii members responded: OTHERS
basscatbasscat
Posted 18 years ago
EBS HD350 and NEO 210 cab. All I need in less than 23 kg :D
iAppleiApple
Posted 16 years ago
I use a HEVOS 400 B and sometimes a HEVOS 800 D amp with a 2x10 and a 1x15 HEVOS Powerset. The cleanest sounding and most reliable amps and cabs I've ever used.
FENDER Jazz Bass Signature Marcus Miller 5 string USA Z3******
FENDER Jazz Bass Signature Marcus Miller 5 string USA Z6******
FENDER American Deluxe 4 Sunburst 4 string 1997 USA N7******
FENDER Precision Bass Sunburst Basslines PU's 1988 Japan H0******
Genz Benz 1200 GBE Amp
Hevos Powerset 2X10 and 1X15 Cabinets
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
I'm currently usinga Roland Bass Cube 100. Lots of interesting effects available on board and they help to make practice a little more interesting.

Will look to add a gigging amp/cabs when i finally get off my backside and find myself another band to play in. Can't see myself parting with the Roland though as it is great and sits nicely in the corner of my office/practice room at home. This will also save me from lugging the new, no doubt heavier, one up and down the stairs.
M
muso69ang
Posted 16 years ago
I'm also a cube fan so light ..........so small..........so loud!!
but for serious gigs an old Trace 7215 combo and a matching 1 x 15 cab!! just can't get enough bottom....so to speak. LOVE IT :D
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

muso69ang wrote:
I'm also a cube fan so light ..........so small..........so loud!!
but for serious gigs an old Trace 7215 combo and a matching 1 x 15 cab!! just can't get enough bottom....so to speak. LOVE IT :D

So are you a Russian shot putter or do you have some help with the gig rig? ;)
C
Captain Bassman
Posted 16 years ago
You guys need to get on the Aguilar wagon!

Just picked up a DB750 head plus GS410 and GS115 cabs at the weekend - absolutely the dogs b*****ks! (hey, that's what the 'DB' stands for...)

Kicks out 750 watts RMS at 8 ohms, more than enough power and headroom for most people's needs but it's just the clarity of tone that ****s. No colouring of the bass - just pure, clean, punchy but with a tad of natural compression from the tubes in the pre-amp, and that's with the EQ set as flat as a pancake.

Simply, the best rig I have ever played through. Go see the bloody nice chaps at Iceni Zoot in Witham if you wanna try some gear out in private.

Best...:D
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Interesting thread. I use a Trace Elliot 1210 combo. 12 EQ, 200 W, 4x10 speaker. My young age dream !
L
Lynottfan
Posted 16 years ago
Another vote here for the Cube, what a great little amp, for ease of use and portability when you don't want to take a lot of gear to a small gig this little box rocks!

But for full on, I am a now an EBS man all the way, HD350 and Neo cabs=stunning sound.
Johnny the Fox
MattheusMattheus
Posted 16 years ago
Just recently I took the dust of my old Hartke set-up, sold the Line6 Bass Pod Pro and added a TC G-major.

melrose.nl/mattheus1.jpg
M
matt42uk
Posted 16 years ago
Well i used to be a Trace man, then EBS, but Markbass now has blown me away....amazing stuff!!

i107.photobucket.com/albums/m299/matt42uk/IMG_3212.jpg

Noel thought so too!!

Matt
M
muso69ang
Posted 16 years ago
:o RUSSIAN SHOT-PUTTER...........no, no,......that's what husbands are for!!!! :D
A
ajw
Posted 16 years ago
Mesa Boogie M Pulse 600 Head, SWR 1x 15 + 2 x 10:D
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Had an EBS stack until recently, but changed to a Markbass head due to weight reasons. I still use the EBS NEO cabs though, great sound.

Sorry for the bad quality pic, was done with a mobile phone...

Ciao!
Stefano

i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/stenobass/mbebsrig.jpg
andreandre
Admin
Posted 16 years ago
Keep the amp Stefano but please get a new phone ;)
MattheusMattheus
Posted 16 years ago

andre wrote:
Keep the amp Stefano but please get a new phone ;)

Suggestion: an iPhone... hahahaha

No kidding; It's remarkable how many top amps and cabinet all the Statii members use. I've tried EBS, SWR, Markbass, Hartke, Trace Elliot, Ampeg etc. All sound great and are a pleasure to use. And when a Status bass is plugged in.... it's like dynamite...
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Andrè,

could be a solution, but I normally use my phone for communication purposes only...:)

I will upload a better pic that I got yesterday, promised!
K
kontrajan
Posted 16 years ago
I´m using an Ampeg SVP, which goes into an PSE SM70 Poweramp (900W bridged, but I use it in 2*350W Stereo mode), and I use 2 pieces of SAD 2*10 (each 400W/4Ohms). Erathshaking, but yet very precise, always loud enough, and the Ampeg is by far the best preamp I ever used. For me, a perfect setup.
...These go to eleven!
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
As promised here is a little better pic of my Markbass/EBS combination even if the rig is a bit in the backround...

Furthermore, I use an Alembic SF-2 (Superfilter) and an old Boss Chrous/Delay unit in the rack.

i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/stenobass/P1030317.jpg
H
hobman123
Posted 16 years ago
Mine's a Gallien Krueger 700rb head and 410RBX cab (8ohm - 800 watts). I use it bi-amp as there's a horn in the cab. Run it with an Alesis 3630 compressor with Boss Dynamic Wah, Boss bass overdrive, and a few other fx depending on how I'm feeling.
I also have a Ashdown Superfly but I haven't got a decent light 4ohm cab for it yet.
Pix later if you want.
Kubicki Ex Factor 4
Genz Benz Contour 500
Pedalboard of fun
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator