It's a long way...

Last updated on 10 years ago
Posted 10 years ago
Wd40 will sort it out no problem. Have fun. I picked up a status 3 weeks ago and haven't touched my other basses since. Totally hooked. ;)
ospreyosprey
Posted 10 years ago
Try a little cleanliness before you replace the pot. When I bought my Status Energy one of the pots..can't remember which now, crackled and spat. I took it to a tech, who said he could do nothing with the pot and I'd better replace it. He'd never seen a Status bass and clearly didn't want to bother. One of the guys in the band that evening dripped a spot or two of WD40 into it: hasn't been a problem since! Enjoy your bass.
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
Nice bass,
The mahogany-graphite combo sounds so good to me.
Have fun.
D
Doctor J
Posted 10 years ago
Cheers. It looks like this

www.justinmaloney.com/images/stat1.jpg

Needs some work to return it to full glory. I spent a lot of yesterday stripping and cleaning it (why do people sell instruments covered in crud?) but I've set it up really nicely and I really like the sound. The neck profile is unlike anything I've ever played but it's not uncomfortable. I think the blend pot might need to be replaced, instantly getting no neck pickup once you go to the bridge pickup side. Still, it's early days.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Glad you're happy with your purchase. It comes with a caveat though, you might want more. What does it look like? Enjoy playing it.
D
Doctor J
Posted 10 years ago
Good evening from sunny Tipperary. I picked up my first Status yesterday, a S3000, s/n 113 which makes it around 88/89 I think. I've been playing for over 25 years, but this is my first step into the world of carbon necks and, I must say, I rather like it. The forum was a very helpful resource when I was checking out specs and such, so thank you all.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator