Buying a new bass

Last updated on 13 years ago

Poll: The buying a new bass section is helpful?

Yes [4/9]44 %
    No [1/9]11 %
    Could be, with improvements [1/9]11 %
    Todd is extremely attractive to woman [3/9]33 %
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
We are going to update the "Buying a new bass FAQ" section of the forum. There are a couple of obvious changes, but perhaps a few other tweaks are likely in order so please feel free to give your input (except Ronny).

There are quite a few new members / owners since this section was created, so it would also be nice to hear what these members would have liked to see (knowing what they know now) within reason. A fresh point of view is always constructive.

Few things I noticed...
1. only one neck profile is now available.
2. bendwell is also available on the MK11 Kingbass headed model.
3. the "top nut" for headless models is now only available in black.
4. LED's are now also available as "wraparounds".

Comments?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 20-02-2011 15:57, 13 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Maybe single coil / humbucker switch option?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
R
ReneRyeLarsen
Posted 13 years ago

TSA wrote:
Comments?

Has Rob run out of "top nuts" again? The Kingbass I received in December has a gold "top nut"
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 13 years ago
Have had a look through:

I feel that section 3. Headless or Headed? is a bit biased toward headless... my headed S1s and S2s balance really well and have no tuning issues whatsoever. Also worth mentioning the headed basses have a slightly longer scale length which adds a bit more punch to a low B string, plus there are some brands of string that aren't available as double ball end.

Section 8. Finishes mentions Artist and Standard models which probably no longer applies.

Section 11. String Spacing worth mentioning the 5 and 6 strings have 18mm spacing as standard

Cheers!
RetroronRetroron
Posted 13 years ago

TSA wrote:
We are going to update the "Buying a new bass FAQ" section of the forum. There are a couple of obvious changes, but perhaps a few other tweaks are likely in order so please feel free to give your input (except Ronny).

There are quite a few new members / owners since this section was created, so it would also be nice to hear what these members would have liked to see (knowing what they know now) within reason. A fresh point of view is always constructive.

Few things I noticed...
1. only one neck profile is now available.
2. bendwell is also available on the MK11 Kingbass headed model.
4. LED's are now also available as "wraparounds".

Comments?
" We are going to update?? " Since when did you become a moderator on here? " YAWN!! "
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
@Enzo, I guess it is worth a mention
@ Renerylarson, interesting to know, will have to ask Rob about that.
@Rich, its not implying that headless basses are better, just that having a headless bass is clearly better, :D. You make a very good point there! Not sure about the "finishes" part you mention, Moo?
@ Ronny, seems that your tired, get some rest buddy. ;)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Some advice as to where I could find some money to order a new bass would be helpful. :D
B
bjasso
Posted 13 years ago
For bass addicts like me "scross the pond," you might consider a paragraph on the additional cost of -- and dance with -- the US Customs service, Canadian Agency of Nitpicking, or whatever. Do you want to add something about single versus double-ball strings for headless basses, or assume they'll read that info on the Status site?
RetroronRetroron
Posted 13 years ago
It's possible to have different pick-up configurations etc when ordering a new bass, so I think that should also apply to finishes etc. I.E. if you want to order a KB artist with binding similar to that on a BB, surely that should be possible. :D
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 13 years ago
I absolutely love my 90's T-bass 5er. More buzz about the graphite necked versions would be great to see as well.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

Retroron wrote:
It's possible to have different pick-up configurations etc when ordering a new bass, so I think that should also apply to finishes etc. I.E. if you want to order a KB artist with binding similar to that on a BB, surely that should be possible. :D

I think you'll find you can have anything your little heart desires as long as you're willing to pay for Rob's extra time to please you!!!

My second moo wood bass had a few 'new' things that Rob was trying for the first time because I fancied them. Rob charged me and I was a happy little bunny!

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/PA050001-1.jpg
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
franfran
Posted 13 years ago
gorgeous, probably one of the four most beautyful moo-wood kingbasses ever build;)
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

fran wrote:
gorgeous, probably one of the four most beautyful moo-wood kingbasses ever build;)

hahahaha

Maybe I should kill people to get the other 2 back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:@
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
franfran
Posted 13 years ago

moo wrote:

fran wrote:

hahahaha

Maybe I should kill people to get the other 2 back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:@

:) no need to kill anybody, they have been hanging around your house several times, the 4 sisters-moo.
just take care of the girls and the cigars and we come by again soon :D
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Looking forward to it Mr Fran.

I now have only 2 weeks to find another cute Italian waitress for you to harass!!

:D
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
****Just heard back from Sir Rob, apparently the top nuts are now available again in gold and silver as well as black. ****

@ Graham, maybe if we have some unity to topple the banks, more basses would be in order?
@ bjasso, customs experiences seem to vary quite a lot from one person to another, Moo actually nailed it with his comment. It is worth a mention about the double ball strings me thinks.
@ Fran, I am sure Moo already has a 40 page list of women you can schmooze by the time your in London!
andreandre
Admin
Posted 13 years ago

moo wrote:
Looking forward to it Mr Fran.

I now have only 2 weeks to find another cute Italian waitress for you to harass!!

Oh noooooo ... what happened to the previous one ??????
franfran
Posted 13 years ago
:o i am totally innocent....
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
Andre wrote.
Oh noooooo ... what happened to the previous one ??????

Oh she quit 2 mins after we left with industrial stress:D
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

fran wrote:
:o i am totally innocent....

That's not what the Judge decided!!!

You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator